Alder's MabXpress Antibody Production System
Historically, commercial manufacturing of large molecule proteins has posed a number of significant challenges. In particular, the ability to efficiently, from a time and cost perspective, manufacture biologics has been a bottleneck to the development and successful commercialization of these types of molecules. Furthermore, these inefficiencies have created a barrier to the use of biologics for certain therapeutics.
Alder has developed a proprietary yeast expression system that has the ability to make fully functional whole antibodies at a fraction of the time and cost of other technologies. This novel system has applications both in pre-clinical and clinical stages of drug discovery.
- Generates full-length, function-modifying antibodies at high expression levels much faster than traditional mammalian systems
- Employs a safe and reliable yeast system with a proven record in man
- Requires minimal media for improved purification and reduced cost
- Allows accelerated development cycles without cell banking, viral testing, or extensive master cell bank generation
- Uses readily available microbial manufacturing capacity for volume production
- Reduces traditional antibody production royalties
- Scales rapidly up to 50,000 Liters
- Employs technology that is easily transferable to partner facilities
The best alternative for routinely producing quality antibody therapeutics:
Commercial Strain Development Timeline
Antibody Production Ramp Times